2.11.2012

Double Fudge Biscotti


Well all I know is that I would love to wake up to THAT on Valentine's Day.  Robbie, you better get bakin.'

Just kidding guys, I would never make Robbie do something for me, but if he wanted to out of the goodness of his heart and because I'm so special to him...well then, I guess I would't argue.  No pressure.


But I'm guessing many of you are like Robbie and I, and realizing the clock is quickly winding down to the big V-day [it almost sounds more of like a sentence than a holidy, huh?].  And what's that?  You haven't thought of a gift yet?!  Shame, shame on you.  Juuust kidding, again.  Robbie and I are the worst when it comes to Valentine's Day, it's definitely a holiday we both kind of blow off.  We treat each other like it's Valentine's Day everyday, right sweetie?  Gag.

Anywho, for those of you in a bit of bind, I would highly recommend you whip up a batch of these utterly beautiful treats for those special people in your life.  Not only are they crunchy chocolatey sticks of goodness, filled with hunks of semisweet and white chocolate, but they truly make a gorgeous gift.  I actually made these a couple of weeks ago for a friend of mine at work, wrapped them in some cellophane with a pretty white ribbon and voila!  I looked like good ol' Martha Stewart, if I do say so myself.


I can see myself now, sipping on my coffee come Valentine's Day morning, Double Fudge Biscotti in hand.  Pure bliss.  Oh, and for those of you who aren't coffee drinkers [we may need to have a chat...], these are wonderful by themselves.  They're very rich, so even though they're classified as a breakfast item, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to call these dessert.  Yeah, you'll see what I mean once you make them.  So go make them!  .

Adapted from A Passion for Baking

Ingredients:
Biscotti:
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1-3/4 c. sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
2 c. white chocolate chips

Drizzle:
4 oz. each semisweet and white chocolate, melted

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Line two small or one large baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla extract and blend well.  Fold in cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour to make a thick batter.  Fold in semisweet and white chocolate chips.  Let dough stand for 15 minutes to thicken and firm up.
  3. Spread dough into two logs on prepared baking sheet(s).  Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until set and logs are firm to the touch.  Remove biscotti from oven and let cool 15 to 20 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.  Using a long serrated knife, slice logs on a diagonal into 1/2-inch thick pieces.  Return biscotti to baking sheet, standing upright, and bake 30 to 40 minutes to dry and crisp biscotti.  Let cool completely on baking sheets.
  4. To finish, melt semisweet and white chocolate and drizzle over each piece of biscotti.  Let harden before serving.
Yield: 3 dozen biscotti

8 comments:

  1. Yum! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at double fudge and when you add in coffee, I am a gonner! I pinned this so I will be able to find my way back to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I'm in love with these biscotti! I don't think I've ever seen a biscotti I've wanted this much... I have featured this post in today's Friday Food Fetish roundup. Let me know if you have any objections and thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. @reinidays Thanks! They're absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tonia L Oo great, I'm obsessed with Pinterest. Thanks for the pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JavelinWarrior Omgosh, I would be honored for the feature! Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look Fabulous!!! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the blueberry cream rolls. I used canned blueberry pie filling (1/2 can) in place of fresh blueberries. It was gooey and really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: